Wednesday, October 13, 2004

We're Rich!

The federal government reported today a surplus of $9.1 Billion, well above the $1.9 Billion predicted by Finance Minister Ralph Goodale. Sadly, instead of our politicians ceasing on this moment to congratulate each other, the opposition has chosen to criticize the government's ability to forecast the surplus.

When our neighbours to the south are running deficits in the range of half a trillion dollars, should we not be happy about a surplus and be discussing how to spend it rather than quibbling about whether or not the government accurately predicted its size?

This is yet another example of the desperation of the opposition to point blame at the government at any possible opportunity. The fact is that the Conservatives are desperate to cast doubt on the Liberals in a vain attempt to gain credence for an election they see as imminent.

Perhaps the Conservatives should stop trying to gain political points by tearing their opponents down and instead do something productive themselves.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why do they always lie about how big the surplus will be? Theyre just trying to make it look like they did better than expected. Pathetic political trick.

2:50 PM  
Blogger Caurus said...

Who cares? The government is running a surplus, something the conservatives never did. If they want to make safe guesses as to how big the surplus will be, let them. Complaining about it is just a right wing way to try to detract from the fact we're running a huge surplus.

2:56 PM  
Blogger Hobbesian said...

They Liberals will just waste the oney on social spending anyways.

4:09 PM  
Blogger Marina974 said...

Why are you Conservatives so negative? We ran a surplus, that's a good thing. Stop being so doom and gloom about it. Unless you want the government to fail so you can get your guys in...

4:56 PM  
Anonymous make money fast said...

Hey Gracchi, just looking info on britt phillips and stumbled onto your blog. Actually this post was not exactly what I was searching for, it caught my eye and grabbed my attention. I understand now how I landed on your site when I typed in britt phillips related info, and I'm glad I found your page. Nice post and I'll check back for more wisdom. : )

3:35 PM  
Anonymous coastal vacations said...

I've been in the britt phillips program for almost eight years. During this time I've taught countless people how to earn over $100,000. every month but don't just take my word for it, click this britt phillips link and take a look at some of the awesome tools my Coastal Vacations group enjoys.

If you are already in Coastal or are taking a look at it, I'd be honored to speak with you about your options. I'll tell you the straight scoop about what really goes on behind the scenes and exactly what it takes to make very serious money in Coastal Vacations.

My group enjoys the only Coastal web site with real VIDEO testimonials, audio, and so much more. I've put together a national advertising coop that reaches over 30 million interested prospects every month and much much more.

Come see the real difference and let me show you how to make over $100,000. a month. I average between $30,000. and $50,000. each week. Call me and I'll prove it to you. Plus I'll do something even better... I'll show YOU how to do it too.

11:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home